Thursday, January 15, 2015

gratitude

When I was a kid my grandmother taught me to say a prayer before I went to bed.

She came to stay with our family, and as we didn't have enough beds in the house she had to sleep with me on a sofa. She always said three prayers before going to sleep (one of them was Our Father), and soon I remembered them and said them with her, too. It sort of became a habit, until not so long ago I felt there was something wrong with it.

A prayer can't be just words. Words are good, everybody knows I love words, but I think that in this case they are not enough.

This year I'd like to focus on gratitude. In the end of the day I'll think of things I'm grateful for that happened during the day (I really hope to make it a habit).

I want love and gratitude to be my prayer.

***

Today this task is so easy!

Today I unexpectedly found two things waiting for me in the mail.

First, I got a beautiful, beautiful Christmas card from my dear friend John the writer, and it made me smile and warmed my heart.

Second, I got a surprise package from my mentor Ali Edwards, one of her amazing prints (this one) which she generously gave me as a gift, and I literally jumped from joy.

These two items instantly filled me with gratitude, and oh, I will treasure them so.

No comments:

Post a Comment