Saturday, January 31, 2015

declutter for 15 min

This is the third FlyLady task.

As I'm a big believer in minimalism, our home doesn't have too much clutter. But there was an area I put off for more than a year (right since we moved in) - the bookshelves. I tried to avoid even thinking about them. Now it seems the time have come to look them in the face.

The thing is, they look quite normal, but in fact, are really disorganized, and it'd take a few hours to put them in some sort of an order. However, if only approached for 15 min a day, they don't seem that scary, so I thought I'd give it a try.

So far, it's been working great! I set a timer for 15 min and even though by the end of this period I feel like going on, I stop. I wouldn't like to lose enthusiasm the next day just because I did too much the previous day. That's how you eat an elephant - one bite at a time.

P.S. There're also kids toys, master bedroom drawers and the balcony; but I won't think of those right now. Not just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment